111 Ideas to Practice Random Acts of Kindness That’ll Bring a Big Smile to Your Face.
Hi Divine Being of Light,
Today as I was browsing my Facebook wall, I came across a fine piece of artistic expression.
Before I share what I found with you, let me introduce you to the author my dear friend Stephen Parato or as we like to call him SteveiP.
I feel you guys will find SteveiP’s 111 Random Act of Kindness Ideas article quite fresh and creative.
Please find the original article here, now let’s dive in:
Written by Stephen Parato:
Imagine if everyone on Earth performed just one random act of kindness every day…
There’s no doubt that the world would be a better place.
But here’s the thing…
Most people completely overlook the little, simple things in life. Not only that, people underestimate the power of little, simple acts done consistently.
They want the highlight reel.
They want the game winning shot, without the thousands of hours shooting free throws in the gym. They want the bestselling book, without the months typing on the computer. They want the fit body, without the daily exercise and healthy food choices.
See what I’m getting at? It’s the simple daily practices that create the amazing things we see.
A happier, more peaceful, more abundant world is created the same way.
When the number of people performing small acts of kindness daily reaches a tipping point, it automatically changes the world for the better.
Did I mention that it feels amazing too?
Think about the last time you performed a random act of kindness… How did it feel? Pretty good, right?
And everyone benefits when more people are happy. When everyone you meet is kind, it’s better for you.
All of this is common sense. But again, it’s so easy to overlook the power of simple acts of kindness performed daily.
That’s why I compiled a massive list of random acts of kindness ideas.
Here’s your inspiration.
111 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
1. Buy someone socks
2. Publicly acknowledge someone for being a great person (like in a Facebook Post)
4. Lend money to a third world entrepreneur via Kiva.com
5. Leave an unexpectedly big tip
6. Give your leftover food from a restaurant to a homeless person
7. When you buy food to go, buy an extra meal for a homeless person nearby
8. Give a homeless person clothing
9. Have a genuine conversation with a homeless person
10. Give a genuine compliment to someone
11. Hold the door for someone
12. Buy the person behind you coffee when in line at a coffee shop
13. Tell your mom you love her
14. Call someone in your family and ask how they’re doing
15. Call a friend and ask how they’re doing
16. Send a random gift from Amazon to someone
17. Write a letter of appreciation to your mom (even if she’s not here physically)
18. Write a letter of appreciation to your dad (even if he’s not here physically)
19. Write a love letter to your intimate partner
20. Write a letter of appreciation to a friend or family member
21. Surprise someone by sending them a nice text
22. Write a love letter to yourself
23. Leave a kind note in a neighbor’s mailbox
24. Send a piece of art to a friend or family member
25. Write three things you’re grateful for
26. Thank someone doing a public service job
27. Volunteer at a local place
28. Buy local food
29. Start a compliment post on social media – Say something like this: “Reply with your name and I’ll give you a heartfelt compliment.”
30. Treat yourself to a bath
31. Treat yourself to a massage
32. Treat yourself to floatation tank session
33. Treat yourself to a meditation and find stillness
34. Do a loving kindness meditation
35. Treat yourself to some relaxing time in nature
36. Buy or make someone in your house their favorite food
37. Cook for everyone in your house
38. Buy someone AAA for a year
39. Buy someone a book that they would enjoy
40. Create a customized shirt for someone
41. Donate to a good cause
42. Support an artist you know by buying from them and sharing their work
43. If someone you know writes a book, buy it and review it
44. Write a kind letter to your past self
45. Pay for someone’s parking
46. Compliment a random person and tell them to pay it forward
47. Post on social media, “How can I help you today?”
48. Book an AirBnb weekend getaway for someone
49. Write compliments on notecards and give them out randomly
50. If someone seems upset, ask them if they need anything
51. Hide a nice note in someone’s bag
52. Serve at a homeless shelter
53. Pick up litter in a park or on a beach
54. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway when it snows
55. Take someone new to your neighborhood on a tour of your town/city
56. Offer to take a photo for a couple (and compliment them)
57. Help someone who has a flat tire
58. Give up your seat on public transportation to someone
59. Donate your hair after a haircut
60. Buy groceries for the person behind you
61. Give someone an umbrella when it’s raining
62. Visit a nursing home (bring gifts or cards with compliments)
63. Write kind words on rocks and leave them at a park
64. Befriend a military veteran
65. When people are gossiping, say something nice
66. Each time you get a new piece of clothing, donate an old one.
67. Really listen to someone
68. Smile at someone on the street
69. Wave to someone on the street
70. Forgive someone
71. Let someone turn or merge while you’re driving
72. Be kind to an angry person (you don’t know what they’re going through)
73. Write your partner a list of things you love about them
74. Make a friend or family member dinner and bring it to their house
75. Have extra old coats in your car to give homeless people in the winter
76. Offer to do something for someone who’s overwhelmed
77. Leave a kind employee a good review
78. Contact a company online and tell them how great one of their employees are
79. Connect two people who you know can help each other
80. Whenever you’re reminded of someone (in a positive way), let them know
81. Ask someone an interesting question about their life
82. Buy someone gas at a gas station
83. Visit the elders in your family (grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles…etc)
84. Plant a tree
85. Share inspiring quotes with people
86. Send a care package to someone
87. Speak at a school about your career or passion
88. Mentor someone
89. Organize a surprise party for someone
90. Commit to not complaining for a day
91. Learn the name of someone you see often but never talk to
92. Be the “answer to someone’s prayer” by sharing advice or any action you feel an intuitive call towards
93. Send a care package to your local fire station
94. Give extra boxes to someone who’s moving
95. Say “Thank You” more often
96. Be someone’s cheerleader
97. If you see a well-behaved kid, compliment their parent in front of them. Both the kid and the parent will feel good.
98. Help someone who seems lost
99. Help a stressed parent by offering to babysit
100. FaceTime with any little kids in your life (they love it)
101. Offer a glass of water to anyone who comes to work on your house or yard
102. Help someone out who might be feeling awkward at a party or event
103. Hang a sign on a bulletin board that says “Take What You Need” with tear-off tabs on the bottom with inspiring words or phrases
104. Bring toys to a homeless shelter
105. Make a music playlist for someone
106. Let someone cut in front of you in line
107. Leave a kind note in a library book
108. Start a random acts of kindness trend at your work
109. Do one of these things for someone who you don’t get along with
110. Spontaneously surprise someone with your own random act of kindness idea
111. Share this article to inspire more people
eBooks by Stephen Parato:
StevieP did it again!
Not 10, not 20 but 111 creative ideas for random acts of kindness.
To support SteveiP’s latest Kindness Initiative, please check his campaign here.
I hope you TRULY enjoyed this article about these creative random acts of kindness!
With love, light,
DISCLAIMER: Sharing this post might increase your levels of joy & happiness 🙂